A landmark publication of an Introductory course to BSL in Early Years settings - developed and piloted over a 2 and a half year period, primarily by Deaf tutors for Deaf tutors in education - a much-needed resource.
The documentation includes Tutor book with detailed course outlines, plans and materials plus a CD with additional materials - for a 10 week course of 1 hour or 5 weeks of 2 hours.
The carefully planned curriculum covers:
• code of conduct for students and tutor
• basic BSL linguistics
• development of story telling skills
• structured framework to follow week by week
• cue cards and dialogue sheets
• sign vocabulary sheets in topics
• signs and phrases for early years settings including Greetings, People, Family, Colours, Questions, Animals, Time, Numbers, Toys, Weather, Clothes, School signs and Christmas.
The Tutor contains all the necessary documents for each clearly planned lesson and both books contain the accompanying resources and reminder sheets with hundreds of illustrated signs. The Tutor CD contains additional unique teaching materials in animated PowerPoint Shows, pdfs, a sample animated song with music, plus editable Communicate in Print files so that tutors with graphics pack software can add their own regional sign variations.
|Author||Debra May & Alison Wells|